CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Australia and New Zealand Trip

This was such an amazing trip! It was winter time there, but it was pretty mild and still so beautiful! My friends and I had so much fun and did some amazing things. We spent the first week in Australia and one week in New Zealand.
This was so amazing! We repelled down 11 stories into the caves. They are full of worms that glow in the dark. We did a zipline in the dark, cliff dove into a underground river and did some black water rafting, then rock climbed up waterfalls. It was so awesome!


These were some trees in Aukland by a botanical garden. They were so pretty!
There were a lot of rivers and beautiful waterfalls. We went on lots of fun hikes. This shot scared some of the other girls because I had a shaky landing!
This is the Hamilton, New Zealand temple. It was beautiful. It was so nice to do a session there. It felt like home.
We went to a traditional Maori dinner and show. They sang and danced, then fed us a hungi. This is a dinner cooked in the earth with hot rocks and it was sooooo good!
In the middle of the town of Rotorua in New Zealand, there is a whole forest of redwood trees. It was amazing! That was one of my favorite places that we went.
This is me feeding some kangaroos in a zoo we went to.
The Sydney Opera House
We went to the Shire where Lord of the Rings was filmed and had lunch in Hobbiton. It really was so beautiful. Lots of rolling green hills covered in sheep.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Calle, what an awesome trip. I am so glad that you are able to travel and see the beautiful world. Our kids think it is so great that you are doing this.
Thanks for the great picutures, but I want more. love you, aunt jan

Jan said...

Uh, that would be Callie

the ginabean said...

Brooke never told me you went to the Shire! Geez! How did you both fail to mention this in person? :)

Jessie's Jargon said...

Wow, you make me want to go there so bad. I can go over Christmas break if I want to. I have friends who live there (New Zealand that is...). I just am having a hard time finding a plane ticket as cheap as yours...
Love ya! I'm glad you had a great time!

Marissa and Family said...

Wow! What an adventure! I tell Jessie I live vicariously through you and her and the exciting things you are always up to. What a cool experience! Are you back in school now?

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/12-manfaat-buah-kesemek/